The Rise of Short Form Videos
If you’re not using short-form videos as part of your marketing efforts, you might want to start. Based on your goals and objectives, including short-form videos into your marketing and social media strategies can be a very effective way to engage your audience. According to HubSpot’s marketing strategy and trends report, short-form video’s popularity will continue to rise in 2023. This year alone, approximately 90% of global marketers are increasing or maintaining their investment in short-form videos.
What are they? Short-form videos are typically 60 seconds or less in length and are dependent on the platform in which they are being consumed. For example, YouTube Shorts are limited to 60 seconds, while TikTok videos and Instagram Reels are usually shorter, roughly 10 to 15 seconds, but can be longer.
Why create them? They are a fun and entertaining way to reach your audience. Using short-form videos not only complements your marketing and advertising efforts but can also help boost engagement with your content. Additional benefits:
- Are watchable on-the-go and super sharable
- Deliver digestible, bite-sized content & messaging
- Grab and hold viewers’ attention, especially in a time when many individuals have a short attention span
- Can start a conversation and share unfiltered opinions
- Spread viral trends and raise brand awareness
Why are they important? Short-form videos are captivating and engaging, and consumers want more of them.
- TikTok has generated 1 billion users in just six years
- 73% of consumers prefer to watch short-form video to learn about a product or service
- Short-form video has the highest ROI and is a great format for lead generation and engagement
- Nearly a third (30%) of all short-form videos are watched 81% of the way through
- 47% of marketers agree that short-form videos are more likely to go viral
- Users spend an average of 45 minutes at a time watching TikTok videos
- Over 90% of Instagram users watch videos on the platform every week
Ready to start creating your own short-form videos? Here are a few key things to keep in mind before you take the leap into developing short-form video content:
- Make sure they align with your objectives and strategies
- Know the current trends and follow best practices for content creation
- Ensure your content is relevant and high quality
- Draw your viewers in and keep it short
- Include a strong call-to-action
- Post consistently & across multiple platforms